Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Big Picture

I bought myself a book today. I can't remember the last time I bought myself a book or even read a book above a 3rd grade comprehension level. This book, The Big Picture by Stacy Julian, is an awesome book! It was recommended by one of my friends on Scrapshare. She said it is changing the way she scraps...I second this! I can not wait to do it differently! I love to scrap but have fallen behind and have been paralyzed by the heaps of photos and memorabilia that have been piling up since early 2003. I can not put this book down. I don't really like to read much but I have gotten through the first 60 pages of this book since 4:00 this afternoon. I actually have another book on my list that I can't wait to buy...Clean & Simple Scrapbooking by Cathy Zielske. This too was recommended by a SS friend and Stacy Julian references her at least 3 times in this book...now I really have to have it. Not sure I've ever felt that way about a book before...

Not only am I eager to read but I am eager to scrap again. I think I'm gonna start with the tag project from the book and use all kinds of fun embellishments that I never would have put in one of my scrapbooks before. Brads, eyelets, ribbon, fancy paperclips...I'm not sure what else is out there. I've been such a CM purist for so long I haven't even paid attention to anything else. Did I say "eyelets"? Oh my! That means I have a pressing reason to buy a Crop-A-Dile! I think scrapping and spending money on scrapping stuff just got fun again!

I gotta get back to my book now...

No comments: