Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bouncing Around

I have a number of art journals in progress and I bounce around between them quite a bit. These are a few pages that are in progress and waiting for whatever comes next.

 This one is from a book I am altering. I used Dylusions Spray Ink and the images are stamped with black Staz On.

 This is from the same book. It is going to be a monochromatic page, I can tell you that much. Again, Dylusions Spray Ink. Acrylic craft paint in lavender and white. Purple acrylic paint through The Crafter's Workshop Screen stencil. Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk in Wisteria around the edge.

This is in my wire bound Cranson Mixed Media journal. The same one "I Am Brave" is in. This is Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass.

This is my Moleskine Watercolor Journal. Gosh, I don't think I can tell you what's on here. There was a burgundy wash that I put on so as not to waste the paint. Then I actually did some writing on that page. Then I covered the writing with some lavender paint just to cover the writing and then took some of it off wih a baby wipe before it dried. Finally I had some teal paint left over from something else and smeared it in each corner with my finger. Hun, guess I could tell you what was on there...

This is also the Moleskine Watercolor Journal. I used a script background stamp with Staz On ink and turned it sideways so the lines of writing go up and down the page instead of across. Then I used Color Wonder Watercolor Crayons from Stampin' Up to add the color.

I have no idea what is next for any of these pages or when inspiration might strike but I do know this:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are REALLY lovely. I agree so much with the Picasso quote- I always find that inspiration really multiplies when I'm consistantly working on something. The last few days I haven't done much of anything creative (tending to things outside the studio and hanging out with family) and I feel a little "out of sorts". I was hoping to get something done this evening but it's already 8pm! Oh well. I think I'll go curl up with an art book and see if that doesn't kick-start my creativity for tomorrow :)