Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's Been WAY Too Looooooong...

Although I have been absent from my blog I have been very busy in my studio and lots of exciting things have happened!

We went on  9 day vacation to Disney World. We celebrated Bennett's 7th birthday, Christmas (three times), New Year's, and Valentine's Day! Whew!

Indoor soccer season has started and Bennett has started guitar lessons.

I participated in a Christmas tag swap hosted by Kirstin Mcculloch of Lillibean Designs.

My art is being featured in the banner at Artists In Blogland! The top right corner is mine!

I have done my first canvas for Donna Downey's 2013 Canvas Create series.

My studio got a much needed over haul and cleaning.

Most important and exciting? I finished my book for The Sketchbook Project 2013. It had to be postmarked by January 15, 2013. Bennett took this picture of me putting it in the mail! It will be back in the Chicago area at the Hyde Park Art Center  the weekend of July 12th!






Here's the book itself...










This page is dedicated to Pinterest!


Oops, forgot to give credit for my quote, can't remember who it was now!


Stencil love!

The boys helped with this page. Almost every doodle was suggested by one of them.

Tribute to my days as a math teacher...


I heart HEARTS!

Bits and pieces left over from all the other pages.

That's all for now (as if that isn't enough...) I will be back more regularly now. Funny, I've actually missed my blog. If you are so moved please leave a comment; they mean the world to me!!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

LoVe, LoVe, LoVe the journal ~ thanks for sharing it with us!

Beverley Baird said...

Love your journal! What a great project that muct have been.

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous sketchbook pages!!

PiaRom said...

your hearts drag me in ;) and I enjoy your cute little journal tour...it is lovely!! Conny over SATS

Mila said...

I like very much your proyect art.Fabulous work!!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for the kind words!!