Monday, May 13, 2013

So it was Cinco de Mayo...

It was also a day of 3 soccer games, lunch with my parents and a birthday party for the 7 year old to attend. I was also a single mom because my husband left for a business trip to Arizona on Saturday afternoon. Anyhow...once the kids had gotten to bed a very strange and rare second wind came over me. I decided I'd celebrate with a margarita while I watched the news and contemplated Monday's schedule.

Happy Cinco de Mayo

My close friends know that a Margarita is among my top three favorite beverages and I thought since I was going to be a single mom three more days one more drink before bed couldn't hurt...

Then a thought occurred to me...maybe it was a good night for an experiment. Lately I have been feeling very critical, inhibited, indecisive and "inside my head" about my art. I wondered what would happen if I truly were "not in my right mind" and I took to my studio...

I don't usually work start to finish...I work...it marinates...I work some more...let things sink in...and so on. In contrast, my plan was to create one finished piece that I was happy with before I went to sleep.

Well, I failed in my quest to actually finish a piece. I had to go to bed around 1:30. I do not hold up like I used to when tipping the bottle...

What I ended up was three more backgrounds...








At least there isn't anything embarrassing that I can not share but I do not think that my inebriated state gave me anything different, new or exciting to work with. Maybe I'll have to repeat the experiment and pick up where I left off...

Thanks for stopping by and as always please leave a comment if you have the chance...I'd love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love those backgrounds! I am trying to do more "get out of my own head" when it comes to art, too. I just made a play journal for myself because i want to play with my supplies but I don't necessarily want to make anything in particular. So I made a journal where I could just play and not *make*, if that makes any sense at all! I'm curious to see if I can break free from the obligation I feel to always make something, from start to finish.